Eradicates blanket weed in ponds
STOP Blanketweed is an effective treatment of filamentous algae, commonly known as blanket weed in ornamental and garden ponds. Blanket weed is one of the most hated problems of pond keeping and a nuisance to everyone as it makes your pond unsightly, blocks filters, pumps and pipes. STOP Blanketweed is a unique product which will successfully eradicate blanket weed when used as instructed.
1kg (Treats up to 10,000 litres / 2,200 Gallons)
2.5kg (Treats up to 25,000 litres / 5,500 Gallons)
4kg (Treats up to 40,000 litres / 8,800 Gallons) HSE No. 9647
• Apply 30 grams (one scoop) of powder per 900 litres / 198 gallons of water.
• Mix the powder thoroughly with pond water in a suitable clean container.
• Now distribute this mixture evenly over the pond surface.
• Add this dose once per week until the blanket weed has gone, usually after 3 weeks.
• One or two additional doses may be needed in some ponds.
• Continue to dose once a month to prevent the blanket weed returning.
• If water temperature is below 8°C, treatment efficiency is reduced.
|Pond size in litres||Pond size in gallons||Dosage in grams||2 - 4 weekly doses to eradicate blanketweed|
Frequently Asked Questions
Stop Blanketweed safe to use with all ornamental pond fish.
We recommend Stop Blanketweed is not used when frogs and newts are spawning.
Stop Blanketweed may occasionally turn pond water white and cloudy for a few days, but water will clear.
Evolution Aqua Stop Blanketweed is most effective in ponds with moving water, from a pump, filter, fountain or waterfall, and strong surface agitation, or aeration from an airpump and airstone is recommended.
UV clarifiers do not need to be turned off when using Evolution Aqua Stop Blanketweed
Dose the recommended amount of Stop Blanketweed once a week for four weeks, dose monthly after the initial application to maintain clear water.
If water temperature is below 8°, treatment efficiency is reduced. Stop Blanketweed will be more effective as temperatures rise.