Award winning filtration media
K1 Micro borrows from the twenty years of extensive research and development by Evolution Aqua into moving bed filter technology and offers an improvement on existing K1.
• 950m2 per m3 Protected Surface Area
• Provides a large surface area for bacteria to colonise
• Increased protection for the bio-film
• Provides mechanical and biological filtration
• Reduces back pressure on pumps • Improved solids handling
• Increased flow rate • Ideal for use in bead filters, conventional pond filters, marine and freshwater aquarium filters
• Improved cleaning
Frequently Asked Questions
The K1 media has a diameter of 10.5mm and the K1 Micro has a diameter of 7mm
The K1 media is 8mm long and the K1 Micro is 6.4mm in length.
K1 weights 150kg per m³ and K1 Micro weights per m³
K1 has a total surface area of 950m² per m³ and K1 Micro has a total surface area of 1400m² per m³
K1 has a protected surface area of 500m² per m³ and K1 Micro has a total surface area of 850m² per m³
Yes, both K1 and K1 Micro are suitable for mechanical filtration, due to its compact size K1 Micro is usually preferred
Yes, both K1 and K1 Micro are suitable for biological filtration, K1 is usually preferred in biological filters like you would find on a pond. K1 Micro is ideal for static or moving bed filters on aquariums
Moving bed media has many advangates over traditional static bed filters including a huge surface area which is always exposed to maximum oxygen and food for the bacteria, self cleaning media as it tumbles, and the world famous protected surface area, enabling bacteria and higher organisms to dwell in their preferred location inside the media, exposed to oxygen and food, but safe from harmful cleaning practices.