Anti-parasite treatment for Koi
A powerful, active medication that works to treat parasite diseases such as White Spot, Costia, Chilodonella and Trichodina in Koi Carp.
Use when Koi appear to be flicking, white spots are visible, Koi are gasping at the surface or mucus appears on their body.
20ml dose per 2600 litres (572 gallons)
500ml treats 2 x 16,250 litres (3,575 gallons)
1 litre treats 4 x 16,250 litres (3,575 gallons)
|Formaldehyde Dose Calculator|
|Dose Day 1:||ml|
|Dose day 4:||ml|
|Total Dose (Day One & Day Four):||ml|
* Make adjustments for any hardscapes such as rocks
1. Calculate the pond’s volume using the following calculation: Length in metres x width in metres x average depth in metres x 1000 = Litres, divide by 4.54 for gallons.
2. Shake bottle well.
3. Switch off UV bulbs until 7 days after the last dose. Remove all activated carbon and zeolite from filters.
4. Using the dosing cap provided, add 1 x 20ml dose per 2600 litres (572 gals) of pond water. Add the medication to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the ponds surface.
5. This is a two-dose treatment, the pond should be treated again three days later at roughly the same time. For best results, dose with EA Malachite Green or for ease of use, dose with EA FMG Mix instead.
6. If necessary, it is safe to repeat the course of treatment 7 days after the last dose is finished, following a 20% water change.
7. Check all water quality parameters as poor water quality is often a cause of illness.
NOTE: Do not dose during stormy or humid weather. Always aerate the pond well throughout treatment. Allow time to observe fish after dosing in case of the unlikely event of an adverse reaction. For use only with Koi Carp. Always wear protective gloves when handling chemicals. Do not use if water temperature is above 25°C.
Frequently asked questions
Dosing is kinder on fish –
2 step dosing acclimates fish for higher active dose rate. Dose on day 1 and again on day 4. Some parts of illness lifecycles cannot be killed so active ingredients need to be high for a longer period to attack these parts when the vulnerable part comes around. White spot is a great example of this.
You can repeat the dose, or treat the pond with an alternative treatment 7 days after the last dose has finished, following a 20% water change.
Yes, the UV will weaken the strength of the treatment and make it less effective
No, only use eaMedications with Koi Carp
Yes, always aerate the pond or treatment bath during use.
Only Formaldehyde and Malachite can be used together, wait 7 days after the final dose, and do a 20% water change before re-dosing, or treating with an alternative medication.